Truck locking hub kits are accessories that are fitted to 4WD drive trucks which enables drivers to detach front wheels from the front half shaft manually or automatically. The locking hub kits are essential accessories for your truck. The kits will ensure you a perfect ride on terrains where there is no need for 4WD and provide a better mileage. There are many brands of aftermarket hub conversions that are installed for changing manual locking hubs to automatic hubs or replacing the automatic OEM hubs to heavy duty manual locking hubs for serious off-road towing and to improve traction and durability.
Benefits of Using truck locking hub kits:
- The kits increase reliability of driving.
- Hub locking kits means low cost of ownership because the wheel seals and bearings are cheap to maintain and they can be easily serviced for longer life and under severe conditions.
- The locking hub kits increase strength of axle and also reliability of shafts having good number of splines.
- The locking hut kits requires simple bolt on installation and you don’t need any sort of welding or machining.
- Maintains abs sensors and stock brakes for easy driving conditions.
- It provides better thermal efficiency and fuel efficiency.
- The locking hubs provide quieter operation, lower tear and less vibration of the vehicle.
Thus, the truck locking hub kits are primarily made to disengage and engage the front wheels from front axle shaft. The mechanism is important to save gas and reduce mechanical drag. The hub kits are highly essential during bad weather conditions. There are many drivers who feel that if it is not required the hub locking kits should be disengaged from the shaft. But there is no such need, keeping the hubs locked or engaged to shafts will cause no harm to your vehicle and neither will it affect your handling procedure. But the good news is that it is hassle free to deal with locking and anti-locking of hub.
If you are looking for the most preferred and sophisticated truck locking hub kits then you must go for Warn Manual Hubs. They are made of strong corrosion resistant material, uses good quality chrome moly steel inner drive gear, clutch ring, and die cast alloy body. All these features make the locking hub kit a strong kit for engaging and disengaging the shaft.